I'm sure that when I look back in a couple months the last half of 2009 will be a blur. I am determined to keep our blog updated, but for now I think that I will only be committing to weekly update posts.
Our house officially went up for sale a week ago Saturday. We've shown it 8 times already so we are hopeful (and a little sad) that it will go quickly. For my sanity I am really hoping for it to go quickly. I've always enjoyed a clean house, but I am already looking forward to the day when I don't feel like I have to make the beds as soon as we get out of them in the morning and wondering every time my phone rings if it is our realtor asking if someone can come in an hour. And I'm sure that Addie and Cole are getting tired of having me strap them in the car as I run back in and do a last minute cleaning! But with all the craziness we are continuing to see little miracles. 
We had our first big "no, no" moment with Addie this week. Dave brought home a safe touch-up kit. It was a sealed box containing several little bottles of touch-up paint for the safes, one bottle for each paint color they offer. On Monday night I put Addie in her pajamas, put mine on and went into my bathroom for maybe a minute. When I came back out Addie was sitting in our closet, with the sealed box open along with a broken bottle of paint and two others open. Paint was all over her and the carpet. I took her straight to the bathroom to try and clean her up and Dave began working on the carpet. Needless to say Addie still has safe paint on her cuticles and the carpet in our closet had to be replaced! Luckily we had saved the carpet we pulled out when we put in our wood floors and it was an exact match. Also we were able to have it fixed Tuesday night and it was the one day last week that no one called to see our house. Of course I didn't think to take pictures until the carpet had been pulled out, as you can see Addie had recovered from being scolded and was quiet proud of herself!
On Wednesday I was able to meet up with Corie for lunch. It was so fun to get together and catch up and meet cute little Bentleigh!
We fit in one last visit to Seven Peaks before it closes for the season. When we got our season passes I was determined to go down the Boomerang slide once before the summer was over. Well I finally got that in on our last visit and it made me feel old. I was really nervous looking over the edge right before I went off and I even let out a scream on the way down. I'm glad that I went, but wasn't about to go down again! What is happening to me, I used to love that kind of stuff.

With my daily list of 100 things to do I feel like we are running around like crazy, but I've been trying to take some time out each day this week to just enjoy Addie and Cole...aren't they cute? I'm one lucky mom. I love these two so much...why do they grow so fast?
We also went boating this week with Jake, Justin and Salinda. As always, we had a great time out on the lake.


And one of our yearly highlights, the Cutler Reunion. With Steve & Cathy and Chuck & Michelle and their family still out on missions the last few years have been scaled down, but we still have a great time getting together. We can't wait for next year when we can have everyone together again! We had a great BBQ at Zach & Jenni's Saturday night. And we also watched the exciting BYU game! Of course the annual testimony meeting on Sunday night was a favorite part of the weekend.
2 comments:
I love reading your blog. Your kids are adorable and you guys are so good at taking time to do the fun stuff. I took the girls to Seven Peaks a few weeks ago. It was our first time. Gracie insisted on the Boomerang as our first ride. I was shaking all over when we got off!! I felt old!
You go girl! The boomerang is acutally too much for me!! I for some reason am terrified of waterslides! Where have you decided to move to? I had no idea. I want to catch up and have lunch or whatever works for your schudle. Talk to you soon. I can't believe how adorable your kids are!
Post a Comment