6.02.2010

Happy Birthday Cole

I can't believe that my little guy is 1! He has been such a blessing to our family and I can't imagine life without him. He is smart, funny, easy to love, patient and good natured. I am so thankful for this kid.
We had a good day. We started out with a walk to the park, made a yummy breakfast & then Cole went down for a nap. Once he woke up we headed down to Dave's store to have lunch, spent the remainder of the afternoon there, went to Johnny Rockets for dinner and came home for cupcakes and presents. By the time we finished presents we were all too tired for cupcakes, so we'll have to do those later! Cole will get to celebrate his birthday with an official party next week so I don't feel to bad that I didn't fill him full of sugar and then send him to bed :) We had a good time celebrating as a family and Addison was very helpful when it came time to opening presents! Luckily for her, Cole was more interested in throwing the boxes around so they made a good team.
Licking the spoon from the icing on his cupcakes.
I had ordered his new carseat and it showed up during nap time. Addie insisted on trying it out first and then helped me get it in the car so Cole could ride around in it today. He loved it, and you could tell that he felt so big riding next to his sister in a carseat like hers!
Cole got his first tool box. He loved them and was very helpful in putting his new bike together!

1 comment:

Dowland Fam said...

So fun! I just found a tool set for Jimmy yesterday at the store. Total impulse buy . . . but he always wants tools when we get them out so I thought it'd be good to give him something plastic. :)