Addison:

Addie is my big helper and 2nd mother to Colton and Isaac! She is my little buddy and I love shopping and running errands with her. We have some of the best conversations & she acts like she is 18! She is SO observant, it is hard to get anything past her. She still LOVES anything girly...make-up, clothes, pink, shoes, dolls, etc. And is becoming quite the fashionista! She loves to put outfits together for herself and me! And is always very well accessorized :) She is very social and wants to be with friends or family all of the time. She asks me almost every day who is coming for dinner or who she can play with. She is loving preschool and asks each morning if it is a school day. She is in gymnastics for her second year and is excitedly awaiting the return of her favorite teacher, Ms. Nicky, who is on maternity leave for a couple more weeks. I see a lot of myself in her (makes me a little nervous), she wants to plan everything and asks every morning "what's our plan for the day". She can be bossy, impatient and likes to be in charge but is also very organized and detail oriented. Although she can drive me crazy somedays (which I'm sure is payback for how I was as a child!) I LOVE her so much and can't imagine life without her. I'm so thankful she is a part of our family and the big sis for Cole & Isaac.
Colton:
I love this kid! He can push me to my limit and melt my heart all in a matter of minutes. He is so lovable and just makes you feel good. He has the most contagious laugh and smile. In fact he is almost impossible to punish because he either agrees with the punishment or tells you "no" with a big smile and loud laugh. He is ALL boy...balls, sports, trucks, wrestling, jumping, hitting, guns, tools, motorcycles, etc. He LOVES the color yellow and points it out all day long. He not only loves balls, but knows the difference between each kind (basketball, football, soccer, etc). He insists on starting each day with a sippy of apple juice and a few episodes of Curious George. He is daring and fearless. I constantly find him climbing and jumping off of things and crashing to the ground in pure excitement. He LOVES his grandpa Cutler and brings me my phone all the time so that he can call him. This last week every time we got in the car he asked if we are going to grandpa's house. He talks about tools all day long & daddy's toolbox and grandpa's toolbox! He enjoys going to work with Dave and makes friends with the customers pretty quickly. He has quite the fan base with Dave's customers and they ask about him all of the time. He loves nursery and threw a big fit last Sunday when I sent him home with Dave because of runny nose. He was so mad that he couldn't go. This little guy is such a joy in our home and keeps us laughing all of the time. I'm so thankful he's my little buddy and loves to cuddle each night before bed.
Isaac:
Although it has only been 12 short weeks that Isaac has been in our home it is hard to imagine life without him. He is getting so big, 12 lbs 1 oz and 23 1/4" at his 2 month check up. He wants to be in on the action all of the time. He is so smiley, especially in the morning. He is a great sleeper at night, but doesn't like to nap. He loves being held and will let you know if he has been "ignored" for too long ;) Although the newborn stage of life is time consuming I love it. I love that I can hold him and he won't climb off my lap or wiggle away! I love that I can cuddle him anytime and dress him in the clothes I want! And I especially love the spirit in our home with a newborn, they bring such a special peace with them. I like to think of it as a our little glimpse of heaven and often wonder what he is thinking as he stares around at this big, strange world! He loves being talked to and has responded to voices from day one, especially mine and I love it :) Isaac is showered with hugs and kisses all day long and is such a wonderful addition to our family. I'm amazed at how much I love him already and would do anything for him. Being a mom is such a wonderful blessing.
I've thought a lot about being a mom lately. It is exhausting, trying, patience-building, selfless, lesson filled, humbling and so rewarding that I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I'm so thankful to have so many examples of great mothers around me. I'm thankful for my wonderful mother who has always put her children first and I've never doubted that she would drop anything and everything for me if I needed her. I'm thankful for a wonderful mother-in-law who raised a son to be hardworking, loving and respectful. And I'm thankful for so many other great mothers that I have the privilege of learning from and being inspired by...grandmothers, aunts, sisters, cousins, friends. Because of you there is nothing I'd rather be than a mother.
2 comments:
Your kids are beautiful!
That was a nice post! It is nice to hear people take time to praise their children!! It is easy to complain about the lack of listening, and the naughty behavior...but important to find time to focus on the their good qualities!
Post a Comment