2.29.2012

It's Official...Cole is Potty Trained!!!!!





I believe that trying to potty train your kids before they show any interest is a waste of time :) I've been feeling a little frustrated with Cole...he's had NO desire at all. That was until he spotted a Cars bike at Costco. He talked about that bike for a week straight and then I had an idea...maybe the bike would be what it would take to get rid of diapers! Sure enough, it worked. Each morning I reminded him that if he stayed dry all day he'd be earning his bike. If there was a time I could tell he had to go, but didn't want to, all I'd say is, "do you want your car bike?" and he'd be off to the bathroom! It also helped that he wanted to show grandpa Cutler his bike and they were coming in a week. He had to go a week without diapers and the bike was his! I bought it before the week was up & I constantly found him in the garage staring at it! He earned it the day my parents showed up, and it was like Christmas morning when we pulled it out. Addie was so proud of him also and was great at encouraging and reminding him all week.

This is about how he looked for a week!

No comments: