8.05.2013

Day 2: The Redwood Forest

Dave has been talking about taking our family to the Redwood Forest for years.  If I would have known what we would experience I would have come here a long time ago.  There is no way to express the beauty, awe-inspiring feelings and the sacredness of the Redwoods.  I would imagine that you would have similar feelings in the Sacred Grove, but to stand in the midst of these giant trees was much more spiritual than I ever thought it could be.  Pictures and thoughts will never give it justice.  The spirit was so strong and there was such a peaceful feeling.  Isaac even kept walking around with his finger to his mouth shushing us :)  There was a bench in the middle of one of the groves that we stopped at with this quote, "Listen to the silence and hear His voice."  I immediately fell in love with this, it perfectly described what I was feeling.  Visiting the Redwoods should be on everyone's bucket list :).  I look forward to visiting again one day and am so thankful that we made the trip.
 Outside our cabin.
                                      

















 Grandpa tried scaring Cole, and Cole's immediate reaction was to jab him with his stick!  It made for a pretty good laugh :)
































No comments: