11.18.2009

Costco

I am an avid Costco shopper...I love the place. I could spend hours just browsing and I always leave with way more than I ever planned. In my defense I once left with the one thing I went into buy, milk. When I told Dave about my accomplishment he told me it was a waste of a trip! And thus ended my feelings of guilt for buying more than I planned!
Addie also has a love for Costco, specifically their combo pizza. We can't leave without a piece. Luckily, for her, Dave's new store is just down the street from a Costco and with the many hours we've been spending there and our current transient lifestyle we rarely eat a home cooked meal anymore. Most lunches and dinners begin with, "Addie, what should we eat?" Almost 100% of the time we either hear, "french fries" or "Costco pizza" (yes she is very specific about where her pizza comes from !) I can't bring myself to give in every time, we need some sort of nutrition...but we are definitely getting our fair share of food from the Costco food court and various other burger joints. The other night we were granting Addie's wish and heading to Costco. We decided to get gas before going in and as I was sitting in the car with Addie and Cole, beneath the lights of the Costco sign, the following conversation took place:
Addie - "Costco pizza, mom?"
Me - "Yep, Addie. Is it your favorite?"
Addie - a short pause as she thinks about it, "yes, is it your favorite?"
me - "yeah, it is pretty good"
Addie - "is it Dad's favorite?"
me - "he likes it a lot too"
Addie - another short little pause and a sigh, "I have a good family!"
I burst out laughing and turned around to see Addie with a huge grin on her face! If that's what it takes for her to admit she has a good family she'll be getting Costco pizza for a long time! I love this little girl!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous conversation with a 3 year old and I must agree she has a pretty amazing family! XOXO