2.14.2010

Surprise

We made a surprise visit to Utah this week. My cousin Dallin got married and we decided a few days before that we didn't want to miss it. I knew that we couldn't tell Addie because she wouldn't be able to keep a secret, I was right. We jumped in the car Saturday afternoon, Addie slept until we made it to Page and then started asking where we were going. We tried to convince her that we were looking for houses (an activity that we've all spent a lot of time in the car doing) but she wasn't buying it and didn't like any of the houses out on the Indian reservation! We finally told her and the first thing she said was, "give me the phone I need to call Grandma!" We kept the phone away and were able to walk in on my family unannounced during Sunday dinner. I wish I had pictures of the look on my mom's face but Addie had conveniently taken my camera out of the diaper bag so no luck. But it was a great surprise. My mom continued to cry for the next few hours each time she looked at Addison. The next four days were a whirlwind of running back and forth between Provo and Sandy and trying to see as many friends and family as we could. Unfortunately we didn't get to see everyone that we wanted and hopefully we'll be back up soon. The wedding was great and well worth the drive! Congrats Dallin and Natty, we love you guys!
One of the perks was that we got to see snow! Something I've definitely missed this winter.

No comments: