7.28.2010

Utah - Week 1

We had such a fun time in UT. We stayed at my parents and the first few days were a true vacation for me. Addie & Cole were happy with gpa & gma and I slept in until 9 each day! I can't remember the last time that happened! In fact, Addie & Cole preferred gpa & gma over me. Dave headed back home on Monday (July 12) and each night I tried to get Addie to sleep with me. Each time she turned me down, she preferred sleeping on the floor by gma's bed instead! Cole & my dad became quick little buddies and if gpa was around Cole wanted nothing to do with anyone else. This trip was more relaxed than our last trip to UT. In June I tried to fit in so much that we returned home exhausted. This time we took it easy. I didn't see as many family & friends as I had planned on, but we went home well rested & relaxed!
Some of our activities for the week:
Justin & Jake's basketball game - my brothers play on a league team. It was fun to watch & a close game, I'm just happy they won! Cole was happy sitting next to his buddy!
Suckers - We went to See's Candies and they gave Addie & Cole suckers. I didn't realize they would be so messy. Cole LOVED it and when we started laughing and taking pictures of Cole, Addie started rubbing the sucker on her face! I took them away quickly after and found a cleaner treat!
Gateway - Caitlyn, Sarah, my mom, the kids and I went shopping and to lunch at the Gateway. We also brought along Addie's swimsuit so she could play in the fountains. Next time we'll have to bring some kids her age too but Caitlyn was nice enough to go in with her!
Nordstrom Sale - Addie was able to experience her first Nordstrom sale with my mom and I. She was thrilled with the shopping & girl time and had to wear her purchases out of the store!
Tramp - Addie & Cole both knew that they could always get grandpa to go out on the tramp with them. Addie asked constantly and Cole would get gpa's attention and point and grunt at the back door! Of course being the great grandpa he is, my dad always obliged.
Lunch with Shannon & Lucy - we met up with Shannon & Lucy for lunch. It was so fun to catch up and Addie had a fun time with her old friend.
Self Portrait - I have a hard time keeping the camera away from Addie. This time she turned it on herself!

No comments: