9.24.2010

A Little Bit Homesick

It is hard to believe that October is less than a week away when I'm sitting in triple digit weather. I've been wanting to pull out all of my fall decorations, it just hasn't felt right! Today I realized that fall is almost half over. Oh how I miss the cool weather and changing leaves. I would love to be pulling out sweaters and jeans, drinking hot chocolate, going for Sunday drives up the canyon to see the changing colors and falling asleep under my warm, down comforter. If you read my post from a week or so ago you know that I'm adjusting to our life in Arizona and happy to be here, but every so often these feelings of homesickness creep in. So tonight I decided to let myself just miss home and be okay with it :) Tomorrow we'll put our swimsuits on and jump in the pool and be thankful for the extended swimming season!
On a funnier side note, as Addie got out of the tub yesterday we had the following conversation:
Addie: "Mom, next time you go to the store you need to buy me an orange razor"
Me: "Why do you need a razor?"
Addie: "Well, look at my legs, they are hairy. I need to shave it off!"
Me: "I think you are a little young to be shaving"
Addie: "How old do I have to be? This is embarrassing!"
What am I going to do with this girl? Still not sure why the razor needs to be orange!

1 comment:

Momma Fish said...

Don't be too sad... It has been 90 degrees here. I can't pull out the fall decor either. It needs to be cooler! Enjoy your pool. Ours is covered already.