10.03.2010

Are you LDS?

It's not a question that I heard very much living in Utah. And if I did it was always said in an assuming tone, like they already knew the answer because everybody else was. But it is a question that I've heard much more often since we moved and something I take as a great compliment. It means I'm doing something right, right? It has also made me think more about what makes an LDS person stand out or possibly easy to spot. I've heard it described as a special light we carry with us, or maybe it is because I'm the only person wearing sleeves and shorts to my knees when it is 115 degrees outside. Whatever it is, I'm thankful that I can be spotted. And I'm thankful for the experiences it is giving me, taking me outside of my comfort zone, it has made me much more comfortable to be different than everybody else. Much more aware of the phrase, "living in the world, but not of the world". A question that I can proudly answer "yes".

No comments: