9.11.2011

Labor Day Weekend

I look forward to this weekend every year for one reason...the Cutler Reunion!  I was pretty bummed when I found out my due date was Sept 8, I didn't think there was any way we'd be making it to UT Labor Day weekend.  As we sat in the hospital watching my contractions on Aug 15 one of my first questions to Dave was..."if this baby comes today do you think we can make it to the reunion?"  I guess that Isaac didn't want to miss the reunion either and came that night for us!  We didn't tell Addie that we were going until she got home from preschool.  I started packing once she left for school & Cole decided to be my helper by filling the suitcase with Isaac's blankets, burp cloths, etc!
 I should have video taped it...but this is one of the big smiles I got when I told Addie where we were headed!
 We decided to split the trip up & spend the night at the cabin in Duck Creek.  Dave fell asleep with Addie & Cole.
 As we were leaving the next morning, Dave noticed a bunch of squirrels in the garbage can and took some pics before setting them free.
 We spent Friday afternoon with Dave's family before heading to Aspen Grove.

 And had a yummy dinner at Cafe Rio...I wish we had one closer to us!  Cole found it was easier to "drink" his beans than use a fork!
My mom was the only Cutler that knew we were heading up.  We surprised Kimmie Friday afternoon and then showed up at Aspen Grove Friday night and surprised everyone else.  It was great to get out of the heat and enjoy the much cooler temperatures.  And we LOVED being with our family.


 Cole was worn out...he fell off the bed during a nap and didn't even wake up!
Steve and Lana blessed Camden that Sunday so it was great to be in town for that also.  Three little buddies - Isaac and his two Beck cousins, Camden & Beckham. 
 
Enjoying an ice cream break on the way home!

No comments: