12.13.2011

O Christmas Tree




A few weeks back I was contemplating how to incorporate the homemade ornaments that my kids now make at church and school into my Christmas tree. I never thought that I'd put them on my tree. Then I had kids and realized that they are much cuter and mean a whole lot more when they belong to your own kids :) So, now, how was I going to put them on my tree and have everyone think that my kids ornaments were cute too?!!!

So after a few variations in my head this is what I came up with...our Family Christmas Tree:

150 of my favorite family photos turned into ornaments! I love how it turned out, and I love even more that it means something. I'll be sad when I have to take this down each year. And as Addie explains it, "this is the tree we all get to decorate" "and this is the tree that only my mom gets to decorate!" I didn't know I'd love the family tree so much when I made up the rules :)

1 comment:

Momma Fish said...

I love your photo tree. Seriously, how fun is it to decorate your tree with things your kids made? I LOVE it.