12.23.2012

Best Christmas present!

I started having mild contractions in September, while we were at Disneyland.  A few days before Halloween I was told that I had to start "resting" more than I'd like to or I'd be put in the hospital where I would be forced to rest!  A few days before Thanksgiving we were told that it probably wasn't a good idea to travel to UT and the week after Thanksgiving I was given the official bed rest orders and told that it would be a good idea to get some help for the next few weeks. (Thanks Lynette & mom for flying down and helping out!)  When I finally made it to 35 weeks some of my restrictions were lifted and I thought for sure we'd have a baby before Christmas.  As the days got closer, I started to fear that I'd be in the hospital over Christmas.  Luckily, she decided to come on the 21st, the last day before Christmas that I could have her and still be home for Christmas morning!!
We headed to the hospital Friday morning because I was feeling light headed and had a headache that wouldn't go away.  Little did I know that those are some of this years flu symptoms.  They checked me for the flu, and the test came back positive :( But I was having contractions so they decided to monitor me for awhile...and then my doctor gave me some good news!  He decided to do an amnio and said that if her lungs were ready he would deliver her today...that I had already been through enough :)  I was so thankful when the test came back a few hours later and her lungs were ready!!
Meet Macie Lynne Beck
Born 12.21.12 @ 7:22pm
6lbs 13oz and 18.5 inches

I now feel better than I have in months and after 48hrs of antibiotics I can finally hold and kiss her!  Saturday night they started letting me visit her in the nursery but I had to wear a mask.  We now get to head home, Christmas Eve, which will make for a great birthday present!  I'm so excited to sit on the couch Christmas morning cuddling her and watching everyone else open presents!





Macie brought presents for Addie, Cole & Isaac...overheard Addie telling Cole as they were opening them, "mom really got these".  Can't put much past this girl!!










No comments: