12.28.2008

Merry Christmas

I have always loved Christmas, but this year I was so excited because I knew that Addi would know what was going on. We let her sleep with us on Christmas Eve and around 6:30am she started pushing Dave off the bed, which woke Dave and I up. Dave quickly fell back to sleep, but I was so excited that I couldn't fall back to sleep. I layed there waiting for Addi to wake up. Each time she moved I thought it was time! Finally an hour later she woke up. We had a great Christmas, and were very spoiled.
We found these pajamas for Addi and already had the doll and rocking horse for her. Dave has been wanting to get her a dog, so we started looking, but as it got closer to Christmas I figured that we would just wait until her birthday.
That was until the afternoon of Christmas Eve when Dave told me that we needed to go to Roberts or Michaels to get a wooden dowel and star. When I asked him what it was for he said he needed to make Addi a fairy wand. I quickly knew what that meant, a dog was on the way! He is a great little dog. We felt that because he is a boxer we would name him after a famous boxer. We picked Cassius Clay and have been calling him Cash. Addi loves him. The funniest is when she tries to pick him up, his front paws quickly slide forward and he tries to walk as she holds his back legs. He is very well behaved and loves to cuddle.

It was a great day and hard to believe that after all the waiting it is already over. We hope that you had a great Christmas also.

6 comments:

Noah, Nikki and Tristan said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing Christmas. I had to laugh when I read you couldn't sleep, because I was the same way!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas. Addie is darling in her high heels. And Cash is adorable. Just think you will have 3 babies soon.

Amy said...

Cash is so cute. Love the name! I love Addi's PJ's and how you got her everything on them. I can't wait to hear the Cash stories.
Merry Christmas!

The Heriford's said...

how cute are you two as parents???? that is so much fun and i have to admit that Cash is quit cute! Im so glad christmas was good and I hope you had a very wonderful Birthday as well! lets go to lunch soon and celebrate your belated birthday and kimmies too!!!!

Dowland Fam said...

Christmas is so much more fun with kids! Although, like you I think I was more excited than Emmie was! Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Marie Stott said...

Such a cute dog. Him and Walter have to play. They are the same color :)