Our celebration of Pioneer Day lasted two weekends this year. First, Draper Days last weekend. I look forward to this every year, it brings back so many memories! Dave was camping with his scouts on Friday night, so Addison, Cole and I slept at my parents. Addie had her first tramp campout with Caitlyn, Sarah & Alyse. She made it all night! Saturday morning we got up and went to the parade, Addie loved it (so did her doll!), Cole slept through the entire thing. He even slept through the sirens! Addison especially loved seeing Caitlyn in the parade. Later that afternoon we had a BBQ with my family and then went down to the park for the carnival. Addie got to ride on the ponies, and loved it. Cole was upset and I was trying to take pictures of Addison while holding him and they all turned out blurry...I'm so sad. After the carnival we watched the fireworks. It looks like Addie is taking after her parents and loving fireworks too...she has been talking about them ever since the beginning of June when she saw them at Orem Fest. 
Our second round of festivities took place on Pioneer Day. We had to follow tradition and took the Oldham's along with us up to Deer Creek for boating and fireworks. We had so much fun. Addie swam in the lake with Dave, John and Charlie but she didn't want to get on the tube, I was really surprised. She loved it last year. Cole did pretty well, but got upset right before the fireworks, as soon as they started he quited right down and was his normal, perfect self again! Of course, Addie loved the fireworks and would exclaim, about every 30 seconds, "that's my favorite!" There is nothing better than an evening on the lake especially when the night ends with fireworks. 
No comments:
Post a Comment