12.15.2010

The Things Kids Say...

I need to be better at writing down the funny things that Addie says. Here are a few of her comments from the last week.

Addie "Mom, can we go and see Santa when we are in Utah?"
Me "We just saw him today"
Addie "I know, but I think that I'll do better with the one in Utah"

Addie "When I get married will I have kids?"
Me "I hope so, and I can be their grandma"
Addie "No, you'll be their babysitter!"

Addie has been obsessed with having a baby sister lately (don't get any ideas we are NOT expecting).
Addie "Mom, when I have a baby sister, this is where she will sleep" (a wooden cradle my Dad made for my dolls when I was little)
Me "I don't think that will be very comfortable for her"
Addie "Oh, I'll put a blanket in it, and then it will be comfy"

Addie "I'm so excited for my baby sister"
Me "What things would you like to do with her?"
Addie "Take her to Chilis"
Me "anything else?"
Addie "yeah, and Target!"

When I told her to keep a chair where it was
"Ugh, this is so frustrating, you don't let me do anything" (I'm already nervous for when she is a teenager!)

Addie "Mom, where do the flamingos sleep" (a few days after she saw them at the zoo, I guess she's been worried about it)
Me "outside"
Addie "but where"
Me "right where we saw them"
Addie "oh, and what do they do with their trash?"

After I finished wrapping a present
"oh, this is so darling" (as she patted me on the back!)

No comments: