2.03.2009

Our Little Talker

Addison has become quite the little talker. Some of her funnier conversations or sayings are:

*Addi doesn't end up in our bed very often, but on this occasion she joined us sometime in the middle of the night. Dave had brought her in, so I was oblivious to her being there until about 5:30am when I felt someone blowing on my stomach and the exclamation, "I got you!". All I could do was laugh.

*me: "Addi, I love you"
Addison: "tank you"
and today this addition to the conversation...
me: "say 'I love you"
Addison: "I don't wanna"

*anytime we get in the car
Addison: "where's Cash"
me: "at home"
Addison: "tight"
me: "is your car seat too tight?"
Addison: "yesh"
me: "I'll fix it when we get out"
Addison: "stuck, stuck" - as she tries to get out of her car seat herself!

*anytime we pause the TV
Addison: "uh-oh, paused, paused"

*a lot of the time when I tell her not to do something:
me: "Addi, don't do..."
Addison: "I know"
How am I supposed to respond to that? Luckily I've been working with her on this one and she is now starting to say "otay, sorry"!

*anytime anyone leaves our house I hear in the saddest voice:
Addison: "bye, bye"
me: "did (person that just left) just leave?"
Addison: (still in her sad voice) "yesh, bye, bye"
This conversation usually goes on for the rest of the day and sometimes until the next morning when Dave leaves for work, and then it begins with "dadda, bye, bye"! If she had it her way, all of our family and friends would live with us and never leave!

*Dave recently taught Addi how to say "peace" along with the hand signal for it. I now hear throughout the day "peash" as she holds out her hand trying to make the sign.

*me: "How old are you?"
Addison: "Two"
me: "No, you're one!"
Addison: "No, two."

*And, anytime she wants something she says "pease, pease". This continues until she gets what she wants. If I'm not quick enough it becomes a whine!

3 comments:

Brit H. said...

What a cutie! I love little kids, little voices and their little logic! Priceless!

Holli Raymond said...

Ha! I love it! I love the funny little things that kids say.

Anonymous said...

She is growing up so fast! I love her personality and her zest.