...today was our first date! We saw Final Fantasy. We both agreed that it was one of the worst movies we've ever seen, but it led to great things! We've had some great adventures these last 8 years and I'm looking forward to many more.
My 8 favorite adventures...
8 - Cutting down our Christmas tree each year - especially the first year as we drove around trying to find the perfect tree, treked through the snow, finally found the perfect tree & cut it down and then realized that we were on private property! Oops...we quickly put it in the truck and drove off, it was already cut what else were we supposed to do! This has become a tradition I look forward to every year.
7 - Rex - you assured me when you brought home Rex that he was just a lost dog and we would find his owners within a day or two. That turned into a week and then you assured me that everything would be fine if you left him home with me while you were on a scout campout. Kimmie and I came back from dinner to find that he had eaten a pack of rat poison and we spent the rest of the night trying to get him to throw it back up (after getting directions from a vet). That week turned into 7 months...but I grew to love him and even cried when he died, I couldn't even watch you bury him.
6 - Our 1st apartment - you were so adamant about not spending more than $500 a month on our first place that I let you do all of the searching for it. You found us one for $450 and although I was nervous every time I went outside by myself at night I have the best memories of that place. We made it our own and created some great memories there.
5 - Woodworking classes - When you suggested that we take a woodworking class through UVSC community ed I thought you were crazy, I didn't know the first thing about tools. I'm so thankful that I let you talk me into it...it has been a great hobby for us and I love that we've made all of our furniture. You have taught me that we can do anything together.
4 - Our 1st house - We drove by it the night before I was leaving for Paris. When I landed in France and gave you a call I was strangely calm when you told me that you had made an offer because 4 other people wanted it too! Maybe it was because I didn't think we'd win the bid, but we did. I still remember the look on your face when I had walked through it for the first time and I told you that I hated it...we were closing the next day! Luckily I listened to you, we made it our home, and now I want to cry every time I think about moving out of it in the next few weeks. You couldn't have picked a better first home or neighborhood.
3 - Travel - I started making a list of all the places we've been together in the last eight years, I gave up on that and realized that we've been extremely blessed to be able to see so much of the world together in 8 short years. Although trips range from Europe to camping in Mona, UT the thing they all have in common is that we've always had a great time together. There is no other person I'd rather travel with.
2 - Our kids - From being pregnant, to all of my worry right before they are born (I always think that I'm going to die during delivery!) to bringing them home and watching them grow. I couldn't ask for a better father and husband. You are always so willing to change a diaper, fix a bottle or give a hug, whatever it is I know we are doing it together!
1 - Our Engagement - It's a long story which many of you know and witnessed so I'll spare everyone the details, but I am so thankful for the trials that we faced together while we were engaged. I know that my family cringes at the thought of what they put us through, but I am so thankful for the bond that it created between us. I know that it sounds crazy, but I don't think I'd change it if we could go back. I learned so much about myself, you and us during those 7 months that I wouldn't ever want to change that.
Baby...thanks for all of the adventures and the many more to come. I'm so thankful that I've been able to share them with my best friend. I love you!
1 comment:
What a fun post! 8 years together . . . well knowing eachother! That is super fun!
Post a Comment