We've had a crazy couple weeks and my posts have taken a back seat! Addie and Cole are sleeping and I need a break from packing so I thought I'd catch up....
Black & White Game
Caitlyn cheered at her first football game this season and we went to watch her. She did a great job and it was fun to see her cheer. That same weekend she painted Addie's fingernails...I'm not sure what the difference is, but Addie seems to like her fingernails much better when Caitlyn paints them, she constantly shows them to me and tells me that Caitlyn did it! Justin even got some practice in on Calinda's nails!


Boating
We took another trip out on Utah Lake with the Oldhams and Brothersons. The water was great and we were able to get a lot of wakeboarding in this time. And of course we had to pull the tube out!


Selling our House
We've spent the majority of our time getting our house ready to sell. Those projects that have been on our list forever are finally getting done. We've also been packing up a bunch of stuff so that our house looks "staged"...I feel like all I've done for the past 5 days is pack and then I look around and feel like I haven't even made a dent...kind of frustrating! I haven't taken many pictures of this process, but we are thankful that Jake came to help us move some furniture and even got a little quality time in with Addie. Also, Dave's dad just bought a riding lawn mower and brought it over for Dave to try out...we think it is because he can't get it through the back gate at his house, so someone has to use it! Addie loves it though, her new favorite thing is to mow the lawn.


Counting our Blessings
With everything that has been going on with Dave's new job and moving we have been feeling extremely blessed at how everything is falling into place. On Saturday our family was given another miracle. Some of you may of heard about the bike accident that took place in American Fork Canyon during the 1000 Warriors Bike Race, http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7636047. Unfortunately my brother-in-law Steve was one of the injured riders. We spent most of the day Saturday in the emergency room waiting for updates and we feel so blessed for the many miracles that have taken place and that he will make a full recovery. Steve was released from the hospital on Sunday and our thoughts and prayers continue for the Collins family, we are just thankful that the news continues to be good and are so thankful for the many miracles that have happened. It truly makes you realize that we are being watched over and protected. And of course, with all the time we spent at the hospital this weekend, there was plenty of time for some competition! I'm proud to say that Dave won and has the strongest lungs! Steve...once your lungs are fully recovered maybe we'll have to have a rematch so you get a fair shot!


Dinosaur Museum
We had to take advantage of the last $2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point and visit the Dinosaur Museum. It was pretty crowded, but we had a great time. Addie loves any activity that involves grandma and it was fun to have Jessica come with Brittany, London and Laela.
Addie didn't want to get her hands dirty!

No comments:
Post a Comment