8.19.2009

I Should Have Known...


Over the years our family in Arizona has been trying to convince us to move south. I've been so adamant about not moving (you may even remember my post last winter, Snowy Christmas) that I should have known it would happen. I'm sad to say that it looks like we are heading south in about six weeks. Dave has been given a job opportunity that we can't pass up. He will be opening up a Champion Safe store in the Phoenix area. He was approached last year and we just didn't want to move, but last week he was made an offer we can't turn down. We have a lot of mixed emotions, I think that I cried for about 4 days straight! But we feel really good about it and are excited for the opportunity. We are putting our house up for sale, so if you know of anyone looking in the Orem area send them our way. I also told Dave that our new house has to have a designated guest room...so please come and visit! And if you need a safe let us know.

Also, partly because of this, our blog won't be private anymore. Its been kind of a pain since we did it a couple weeks ago and we want to make it easy to stay in touch. To all of our Utah friends and family we will miss you and would love to see you before we go. And to our Arizona friends and family we are excited to be able to spend more time with you!

10 comments:

C Scarbrough said...

No!!! You can't leave!! Seriously, I will miss having you so close!! So exciting for your family though. What an adventure! :)

{haley} said...

That's a wonderful opportunity, but we'll definitely miss you! I guess we'll just have to come see you. :)

Unknown said...

Sad to see you guys leaving. :( But good luck with adventure! Keep in touch!

The Ross Family said...

I am soooo sad you are moving! We are going to miss you tons!!!

The Heriford's said...

Whatever!! NO... We cant have that happen.. What about our meals? we cant wait to see you guys before you go!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so bummed to hear this :( We will miss you guys! What incredible friends and neighbors you both have been - it's hard to hear that you are going!!
Darn Dave for being so cool that they just had to have him :( Sean needs to go tell nuskin to up their offer!!
Seriously, you guys will be so missed!!

julie and john said...

Are you kidding me?? I totally agree with you about missing the winter/fall, but really I think you guys will enjoy it down there. What area are you looking into?? Let me know if you need any help with getting your house ready to move and sale. I'm serious, call me for anything!!

Amy Dayton said...

Yay! Someone I know is moving to AZ! Everyone I knew down here was pretty much in my ward, and since we just moved, I am feeling like a loner again! What part of the valley are you moving to? We are in Gilbert, just on the border of Chandler. I would love to see you and your kiddos when you move :)

Dowland Fam said...

Wow! I'm glad you have this opportunity, but it will be hard not being close to family. Good luck! Keep us "posted"!

Emily and Reese said...

Oh! I had no idea you guys were moving until I started reading you blog about "packing". I did a mad search to see where you were moving too. I'm sure Leslie and Trevor will be glad to have more family down there! (P.S. You're moving at a great time, fall in Arizona is wonderful, I'm sure you already knew that!)